Dear Campus Organizations,
This month we will officially transition from OrgSync to the new Group Portal. In preparation for the transition, please take some time to download and capture all information you would like to save for your organization and manually transfer it over to the Group Portal. OrgSync will retire on August, 31, 2019.
Please review the training materials and frequently asked questions below. If you have any questions or would like to schedule a one-on-one training of the new Group Portal, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Group Portal Quick Start Guide [pdf]
- Group Portal Introduction [video]
- Managing my Organization in the Group Portal [video]
- Renewing my Organization in the Group Portal [video]
- Starting a new Organization in the Group Portal [video]
- Submitting an Event Request in the Group Portal [video] *officers only
- Submitting a Budget request in the Group Portal [video] *officers only **student RCOs only
Frequently Asked Questions
- How should my student organization prepare for the upcoming registration period?
- Review the Group Portal Quick Start Guide.
- Sign-up for one of the upcoming Group Portal Orientation Workshops.
- Download a list of questions that are included in the registration in order to get a head start in collecting the information.
- Request each of your organization officers (formerly known as administrators) and your advisor (if applicable) to sign into the Group Portal PRIOR to completing your registration in September. You will not be able to add them to the registration form unless they have signed in at least once before.
- When will registration open for new RCOs?
- Registration for a new student RCO will be open in September 2019. Please review the “Starting a new Organization” video. You may also download a list of questions that are included in the registration in order to get a head start in collecting the information.
- Registration for new staff RCOs will be open in June 2020.
- When will I have to renew my organization registration?
- Student RCOs will have to renew their organization registration in September 2019. Please review the “Renewing my Organization” video. You may also download a list of questions that are included in the registration in order to get a head start in collecting the information.
- Student Governments will be asked to review and confirm their organization information also in September 2019.
- Staff RCOs recently completed their registration for the 2019-20 year and will not be required to renew their registration until June 2020.
- I recently submitted an event & room request in OrgSync for an upcoming event. Will I have to submit a new event & room request in the Group Portal?
- Yes & no. At this time, your room request will remain intact after the transition to the Group Portal; however, if your organization wishes to advertise or request RSVPs for your event(s), we recommend submitting a new event request in the Group Portal so that it is visible to your members. In the room reservation section of the event request, you may select “Off-Campus Space” and then manually type in the room name that you have already reserved.
- Can I request a classroom or special use area space in the Group Portal?
- Yes, student and staff RCOs and student governments are able to reserve classroom space in the event request form. Please do not schedule space directly in 25Live.
- Will the members of my organization have to join my organization again in the Group Portal?
- Maybe. We successfully moved over most current members for each organization. However, we recommend that you sign into the Group Portal to verify. Otherwise, you may log into the Group Portal and forward a link to invite all your members to join your organization in the new Group Portal. Please see the “Managing my Organization” video for more details on how add members.
- Will my organization files, forms, and website information automatically transfer over to the Group Portal?
- No. Unfortunately, any information uploaded and/or collected in your OrgSync organization portal will not automatically transfer over. We recommend that you download all files from OrgSync and manually upload them into your organization in the Group Portal before August 31, 2019.
If you have any questions regarding the transition, please email email@example.com.